Monday, February 9, 2015

Works In Progress (WIP) Conducting Creative Art Play

Altered Light Switch and Outlet Cover

I decided to conduct some creative art play using the Creative Paperclay (CP), Prima Art Basics, Penny Black Stamp, Inka Gold and use my favorite Princeton paint brushes. I really love all the different ways I was able to employ CP ever since the first time I used it sometime in early November. I LOVE IT SO MUCH...that I competed for a design team member spot and was selected. YEAH!!!

One of my ATC members after a class I instructed on Altered Playing Cards mentioned that the same I selected to demonstrate the use of CP would look good on a light switch. I agreed and they did not think anything of it until I went to my local home improvement store to browse and get some plastic containers. 

I contacted that member to see if she was ok with me using that idea for a future project. The picture below only shows the an image stamped into CP and attached with Prima Art Basics 3D Gloss to ensure it stayed attached but when I adhere CP to an altered book and altered liquor bottle, I just use water and use a paint brush to apply. This image is the beginning stages. I will have a tutorial published on Creative Paperclay website later today or tomorrow (Jan 31, 2015). 



Here's some of the items I plan on using in future projects this year. I want to compete in a couple local fairs and a few online competitions. I also enjoy participating in swaps and currently working on an altered book that is due Feb 2. 







No comments:

Post a Comment