Sunday, February 8, 2015

Now I can announce the dates of my events. I will only provide details through my meetup group,here on my blog, personal inquiry via my email at bdspreads@yahoo.com or alternative resources other than FB or Instagram.  

Feb 25 6:30pm to 9:00pm, http://www.meetup.com/OC-Art-Therapy-Club/events/220085246/

Still working on details for these events such as idenifying and determining the number of educators, what type of retreat and how to orchestrate everything. I do know that I plan on having a directory/program for the event in Nov offering ad space. 

Holiday Inn in Fullerton 

All events will have a silent auction for handmade, pre loved and used items. 

Mixed media kits will be available for purchase and an opportunity drawing will be conducted and various contests such as ATC, reclaim or upcycle item project, altered book and art journal layout.

Mar 3, 2015 - All Day and Night Event with an ATC information, Demo session and dinner that night. (Cost TBD for this event) - I plan on conducting product reviews and technique demos similar to regular meetup but I just wanted to do something different. 

May 15-17 - 1st Art Therapy Creations Altered Art/ATC Retreat - this retreat is not like your traditional open crop scrapbooking retreats. My retreats are class driven with special presentation and projects led by myself or chosen educator depending on financial resources and availability of educator. 

Space are LIMITED for the following and selected by a drawing but will be worth it. This craft ride will be $25.00 add on including snack and non alcoholic drink. 

1. Possible product education tour through Blick Art in Fullerton led by Terri Sproul depending on her availability. 

2. Shopping excursion that includes me providing some of my tips on shopping for products that includes tour through dollar, local thrift and home improvement stores. 

3. Dinner at hotel announcing winners of various contests. Cost will of food and drinks will be the responsibility of attendee. Participants must be present to win.

May 18 - 1st Annual ATC Anniversary Gathering - All Day event and then that night a special dinner with a fee to cover the cost of food (Taco Tuesday). 

Aug 21-23 - Art Therapy Creations Altered Art/ATC Retreat - SAB as May retreat. 

Oct 23-25 - Art Therapy Creations Altered Art/ATC Retreat - SAB as May retreat. 

Holiday Inn in Buena Park (Newly Remodeled)

Nov 5-8, 1st Annual Diamond Art Retreat Emblazed (DARE) -
DARE to Mix It Up (Altered Art and Mixed Media Retreat with shopping excursion) - Still working out details but there will be a Gala Friday, Nov 6 starting at 7:00pm. 

GIG at Art Supply Warehouse (not posted on site yet)

Mar 5 and 4 Thursdays following, I will be teaching how to work with stencils with different products at Art Supply Warehouse. It has not been posted on ASW's site yet. 

I will be doing workshops, parties and special events throughout the year.

I am submitting proposals for a few other places to host events and to possibly teach classes. One I just got accepted to submit a class proposal.

I am very excited about all the doors that are opening up for me.
It's just wonderful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment