Sunday, November 30, 2014

Embedded Roots - Tim Holtz Configuration Box


This project I used Creative Paperclay and Amazing Mold Putty again. It is a concept I thought of a long time ago about my hair and my family roots. The inside of the project did not come out like I planned so I didn't take pictures of it. I am going to do this one again on an altered book.










 I used Martha Stewart letter mold for the word "EMBEDDED" and a different mold for "ROOTS".  I used a elephant jewelry charm with Amazing Mold Putty and Creative Paperclay to create the elephant head. I attached the letters using a little water on the brush because I did not want to press them into the project.

The piece was another charm that I did the same as the elephant charm. The zebra print and heart are rubber stamp images I used because I wanted the embossed look instead of the debossed. I also took some of the clay and roll it with my hand to create a twist to represent African Hair Braiding and my love of the kinky twist braids.
I love the way this book turned out especially the colors. I almost trashed it because the rust product I used did not give me the results I anticipated; however, I am still learning how to use that product.  I used Inka Gold and Silks to color project and had to apply more black gesso in some areas because I put to much on it. I finish the entire project off by spraying it with Clear Triple Thick Spray to seal.

Overall, this was a fun project to create and I cannot wait to make another Embedded Roots altered book. 


To check out this great product, go visit their website using the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment